The Netherlands invites non-State actors taking action on transport and climate change to provide recommendations on enabling policies and frameworks in support of scaled-up action on transport and climate change across the world.
These recommendations will be addressed to governments, and may also provide food for thought to the negotiators in Paris. They will also serve as input to the Netherlands government in its Presidency of the European Union from January – June 2016. Green Transport has been selected as one of the priorities for the Netherlands Presidency.
Moderator: Cornie Huizenga, Secretary General, Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT)
- Introductory presentation on behalf of World Resource Institute and the New Climate Economy Initiative: “Unlocking the power of urban transport systems for better growth and a better climate“, Holger Dalkmann, Director, Strategy and Global Policy; EMBARQ Director, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities, World Resources Institute
- Facilitated dialogue with representatives from selected transport initiatives:
- Bronwen Thornton, Development Director, Walk 21
- Sheila Watson, Global Fuel Economy Initiative
- Jerome Pourbaix, International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- Jan Brook, Think Climate Initiative – PIANC
- Michel Adam, IATA
- Robin Sebille, PIARC
- Bernhard Ensink, ECF-WCA
- Responses from National and Regional Government as well as international organizations on the possible role of non-State actors in accelerating action on Transport and Climate
- Sharon Dijksma, Minister Environment Netherlands
- Pierre Guislain, Senior Director for the Transport and Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Global Practice
- Peter Vis, Senior Expert – Decarbonisation of transport, DG Mobility & Transport, European Commission
- Andrea Meza, director Climate Change, Ministry of environment in Costa Rica.
- Matt Rodriquez, Secretary for Environmental Protection, State of California
A film team will be present throughout the event to record statements by the transport initiatives and by participants, to be edited for use at the April informal EU Environment Council of the Dutch EU Presidency.
December 07, 2015
- December 07, 2015
Netherlands Climate Pavilion, Blue Zone