More Ambitious Climate Actions for Low Carbon, Resilient and Inclusive Transport
This event will showcase the efforts made by various transport stakeholders to create the building blocks for a low carbon, sustainable pathway to 2050. It will demonstrate the immediate, bold and ambitious actions that are currently being implemented across the world and discuss the ways to maintain the momentum through 2020 and beyond. It will focus on both mitigation and adaptation measures, as well as cross-cutting issues such as gender and accessibility.
10:05-10:10 Break-the-ice mentimeter
2-3 questions for participants to answer. Eg: What is your vision for the transport sector in your country by 2050? What will it be like?
10:10 – 10:55 Segment 1: Building blocks for the pathway to 2050
In this segment panel discussion will focus on;
- What do we want to achieve as a sector by 2050 (Impacts and action tables from the transport pathway document)?
- What are some examples of the immediate actions (or “quick wins”) that can help achieve this visionary pathway?
- Mr. Rodolfo Lacy, Director, Environment Directorate, Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Ms. Virgina Raggi, Mayor, Rome
- Mr. Young Tae Kim, Secretary General, International Transport Forum
- Mr. Rui Teixeira, Executive Board Member of EDP and Board member of EDP Renewables
- Ms. Stintje van Veldhoven, Minister for Environment and Housing, Kingdom of Netherlands | Chairperson, Transport Decarbonisation Alliance (TBC)
10:55 – 11:35 Segment 2: The way forward for climate resilient transport actions
Speakers from a range of transport organizations will make TED Talk Style interventions on the challenges and opportunities to implement climate resilient transport actions and measures that need to be taken to better prepare mobility in cities for extreme climate conditions
- Ms. Regina Asariotis, Chief, Policy and Legislation Section, UNCTAD
- Ms. Jan Brooke, Focal Point, Navigating a Changing Climate Initiative
- Mr. Francois Davenne, Director General, International Union of Railways (UIC)
11:35 – 12:15 Segment 3: Low carbon and sustainable mobility for all
Fishbowl style moderated discussion will look at how to build and enhance low carbon and sustainable mobility systems for all
Moderator: Ms. Sheila Watson, Deputy Director, FIA Foundation
- Mr. Anup Jagwani, Manager, Climate Finance & Policy, International Finance Corporation
- Mr. Mohammed Mezghani, Secretary General, UITP
- Ms. Ana Nassar, Program Director, ITDP Brazil
- Ms. Marta Serano, Director at EMT Madrid, Spain & Mujeres Movimiento
12:15 – 13:00 Segment 4: Creating Momentum beyond COP 25
In a coffee table discussion style, speakers in pairs of two will have a dialogue and share their perspectives on how to create momentum beyond COP 25 and link the outcomes of the UN Secretary General’s Climate Summit and COP 25 to key global events which will take place in 2020 such as World Urban Forum 10, Second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference, High Level Political Forum and COP 26.
Ms. Mary Crass, Head of Institutional Relations and Summit
- Ambassador Luis Alfonso De Alba, Special Envoy for the UN Climate Action Summit
- Ms. Maruxa Cardama, Secretary General, SLoCaT Partnership
- Mr. Gonzalo Muñoz, High-Level Champion of Chile (TBC)
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, Executive Director, UN-Habitat
- Mr. Liu Zhenmin, Under Secretary General, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
December 07, 2019
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Blue Zone, COP 25
Talya Enriquez Romano (Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT)) firstname.lastname@example.org Wei-Shiuen Ng (International Transport Forum (ITF)) email@example.com