Key Messages on Sustainable Urban Transport and Mobility
SLoCaT proposes to use the following key messages that were developed for PrepCom 3:
- Cities need to ensure sustainable mobility and access for all taking into account additional 2.3 billion urban citizens by 2050 (Access for all)
- Cities need to decarbonizes their transport and mobility systems by 2050 to deliver on the Paris Agreement on Climate Change (Climate Change)
- Cities need to be safe for all by putting people instead vehicles at the center of road safety strategies (Road Safety)
- Cities need to scale up action on air quality through cleaner fuels and vehicles and reduced demand for transport (Air quality)
- Cities need to accelerate action on policy and investments to avoid locking in unsustainable transport patterns (Urgency)
- Cities need to put a greater emphasis on sustainable freight in support of healthy urban economy and greater prosperity (Freight)
Apart from these general/primary key messages it is important as well to have a limited number of specialized/secondary key messages that emphasize the importance of the linkage between sustainable mobility and transport and women and youth.
Key messages will be available in English and Spanish.