The Showcase will report on progress made in the implementation of Initiatives (most of them recognized at COP 21) and to present future plans. The Showcase will:
- Clarify and advocate the efforts required by the sector in reducing GHG emissions to contribute to achieving the “well below 2°C” (1.5 degree?) target;
- Present and discuss pathways to achieve emission reductions in the short, medium, and long term, as well as to strengthen resilience of the sector whilst improving economic and social conditions, with a particular focus on Africa;
- Link action on transport and climate change to a wider action framework (2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Quito’s New Urban Agenda
- 10:00-10:30 The Need for Transformative Action to Tackle Climate Change in the Transport Sector
- 10:30-10:45 GCAA Transport Initiatives: An Overview
- 10:45- 11:15 Examples of Scaled-Up Implementation Since COP21
- 11.15-11.45 Electric and Ultra Low Emission Mobility
- 11:45- 12:15 Adaptation
- 12:15- 12:30 Outlook for Action By Transport Sector to 2017 and Beyond
Please see the Outcome Document for the Transport Action Area which presents the headline messages from the meeting, illustrates examples on progress and implementation made since COP21, offers Policy Option(s) for Transformative action on Transport, and Short-term (2017-COP 23) and Mid-term (2020) objectives for the Transport Sector.
Please also see the Summary Statement of the Transport Action Area presented at the Global Climate Action High Level Event on November 17th by Paula Caballero, Global Director, Climate Program of the World Resources Institute.
November 12, 2016
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Blue Zone, Atlantic Room
Cornie Huizenga: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Major: email@example.com